Monday, November 7, 2011

Finally I am able to blog about this project!

I have been in the midst of a big fun project but it was for a gift and so I didn't post anything about it until I finally got it to my niece (not that she is reading the blog yet but I wanted it to be a surprise for her mama!) I made my first quiet book...and I love it! I am very happy with the way it turned out. There are a few other pages that I would like to have done but just decided I had to cut and run since the gift was so late anyway and there are other things that I have got to get going on. I had some of the page ideas from an old RS Enrichment activity but others I got off the ol' Google. Here is how it all turned out:
 I made it with rings so that I (or Becca) could add in more pages
 the apple tree page
 If I do this page again, I won't use those types of snaps. I just didn't like how they looked on the front of the apples
 this is the shapes matching page. The bottom has a pocket to hold all of the shapes
 This is one of my favorite pages. The mail box opens and there are postcards inside
 I made postcards for Leah (and her brother, Ian) from a variety of people
 who doesn't want to have a triple scoop ice cream cone?
 this is a puzzle page. There are 2 puzzles to put together in the bottom pocket
 this is what the page looks like without the puzzle pieces out on the "board"
my most favorite page ever! All of the pieces except for his body come off
 We had a quiet book growing up and I remember having a page with a telephone on it so I decided I had to put one in for Leah
Some of the gumballs in the gumball machine come off and some are sewn on

6 comments:

Delaps said...

Wow, that is so great! Leah and co is very fun.

Dansie Family said...

you need to go into business! i love it. the potato head is my fave too. i am very impressed.

Kristy said...

Looks great! Good job!

Michelle said...

You Sanders women certainly know how to craft! Fun, fun! Leah is a lucky little girl.

Day Family Blog said...

Awesome! I have been looking for patterns to make something like this. I totally had a quiet book when I was a kid and I think one of my sisters got it. Did you just make this up or did you have a pattern? You should sell these or at least the pattern because I bet a lot of people would be interested, I know I would.

Jen said...

Liz linked to this on my sewing blog, and I love it! I just did an exchange with 15 people, so we all did 15 of the same page, and it was seriously like Christmas when I went through. I wanted to play with each page. Your work is beautiful, what a lucky niece.